At Leaaf, we understand that our people are our most important asset. As a small company, we recognize the importance of our local community and of giving someone a chance to better their position in life, and are therefore committed to the hiring of local individuals in the New Orleans Metropolitan Area.
Since 2005, Leaaf has more than tripled our staff and now includes project managers, geologists, environmental risk assessors, environmental technicians, and environmental scientists, as well as financial and administrative support staff. We are always on the lookout for good employees to join our growing team.
Current Job Openings
Leaaf Environmental, LLC is in search of a Geologist, Engineer or Environmental Scientist with 3 to 7 years of experience to provide assistance and/or lead field sampling programs and prepare technical reports and documents following the Louisiana Department of Environmental Quality’s (LDEQ’s) Risk Evaluation/Corrective Action Program (RECAP) and ASTM guidelines. This position will report to the Gretna, LA office, with the possibility of some work from a home office in the Greater New Orleans or Baton Rouge Area.
- Assisting senior staff with the preparation of proposals, site assessments, environmental risk assessments and other technical reports, including compiling analytical data and preparing potentiometric/isometric maps.
- Coordinating field sampling events, including soil, surface water, and groundwater sampling events in various site settings.
- Performing oversight of drilling operations including soil boring advancement and the installation of groundwater monitoring wells and/or piezometers.
- Preparing soil boring logs, monitoring well installation logs, and geologic cross sections.
- Overnight travel required, as needed.
- Overtime required, as needed.
Skills / Qualifications
- Work outdoors in various weather conditions and frequently lift up to 40 pounds.
- A Bachelor’s degree (B.A or B.S.) in Geology, Engineering, or other related scientific field is required.
- Ability to apply analytical/scientific thinking to define and solve problems.
- Ability to execute field and office tasks and operate independently at times – specifically in field settings.
- Communicate effectively, verbally and in writing, with management, staff, and clients.
- Proficient in MS Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Able to work as part of a team, under general supervision.
- A valid driver’s license is required.
- Current OSHA 40 Hour Hazwoper training or ability to obtain.
If you are interested in this position, please e-mail your resume to Holly Johnston at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please check periodically to see what other positions are available, and you are welcome to provide us with your resume at any time.
If you are interested in working with Leaaf, please e-mail your resume to Holly Johnston at email@example.com.